We all get injured from time to time. Depending upon the source, an injury may be big requiring immediate medical attention or small. Not always blood oozes out of the body. Sometimes after a hard hit, the underlying skin turns blue or black in color in just a few minutes. This is known as a bruise.
Bruises are not only painful but also unsightly and may affect your appearance, especially if they appear on your face.
In this article, we will learn about ways that will help you to get rid of the bruises fast, but before that let us learn what it is exactly?
Talking in medical terms bruises are also known as a contusion. It is defined as a skin injury that is caused by the rupture of the small blood vessels lying under the skin due to any kind of traumatic injury following a blow, bump or fall. The blood escaping the capillaries gets accumulated in the surrounding tissues that cause discoloration of the skin.
Usually, a bruise occurs due to traumatic injury but may also happen while carrying heavy weight and performing vigorous exercises. People with fragile skin and older people are more prone to it. The reason why old people get bruise easily is that their skin is more flexible and the fat inside their skin which acts as a cushion decreases with age. Also, it is a proven fact that in comparison to males, females tend to get bruises easily.
Along with the discoloration of the skin, in the case of bruise, you may also experience pain and inflammation. Typically a bruise may take more than 10 to 15 days to fade away. However, in some cases, they may turn into a scar.
But no need to panic and stop worrying anymore as below in this article, I have listed few home remedies that will help you to get rid of a bruise fast.
Top Home remedies To Get Rid Of A Bruise Fast
1. Application of ice– To get rid of the bruise, the first thing you should do is to apply ice packs to the affected area. The chilling effect of ice stops the leakage of blood by constricting the blood vessels along with alleviating pain and swelling.
What to do?
Take a piece of an ice cube. Wrap it in a cheesecloth and apply it over the affected part. Wait for 15 minutes. This will provide you instant relief from pain by reducing the inflammation. Repeat this every hour for at least a few hours.
* do not apply ice directly to your skin or it may cause frostbite.
*do not exceed the applicable time more than 20 minutes to avoid chilblains.
If Ice cubes or ice pack is not available you may use cold water for the same purpose.
How to use?
Soak a cotton cloth in cold water and then strain it. Place it over the areas of concern for a few minutes. Repeat this for 15 minutes.
Some other alternative of the ice pack to reduce the blood clot are frozen vegetables such as a packet of frozen peas and frozen stainless steel spoon.
2. Warm compress- Like cold application warm compress has also been found very effective in getting rid of bruise naturally and fast. It is better if warm compress is followed after a few applications of a cold compress. This will now dilate the blood vessels and promotes blood circulation.
What to do?
Take a cotton cloth and soak it in warm water. Strain it and keep it on the affected area for a few minutes. Repeat this for 10 to 15 minutes. You may also use a heating pad to serve the purpose.
3. Arnica- You must have heard the name of the herb Arnica. Arnica gel is commonly found in the first aid kit of people who love outdoor adventures. It contains a pro-active compound that helps it in reducing pain and inflammation and pain. Besides, it also promotes the blood circulation to the area of bruises.
Arnica is enough to deal with small cuts and wounds. Take Arnica tincture and blend it along with water and apply to the affected area. Repeat this 2 times a day.
Arnica is also very effective in the healing of the wound, cuts, and treating acne and boils.
4. Cabbage- You will be surprised to know macerated leaves of cabbage accelerate the healing process and helps to get rid of a bruise fast. It very effectively takes care of the damaged skin along with reducing swelling and inflammation. Crush the leaves, make a paste and apply on the bruise. It will heal with time and also reduces pain and swelling.
5. Castor oil- Try castor oil massage to get rid of a bruise fast. It has anti-inflammatory property due to the presence of certain healing compounds that makes it a wonderful natural home remedy. Apart from a healing bruise it also prevents scar formation, skin peeling, and discoloration. Take a few drops of the oil on your palm and rub it gently on the affected area. Repeat this several times a day.
6. Turmeric- Not just a bruise, but in any kind of injury, cut or wound turmeric has been used since ages to provide fast healing. It is a powerful antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.
Mix a teaspoon of turmeric in the sufficient quantity of water to make a paste and apply on the bruise. Also, drink a glass of milk, adding a teaspoon of turmeric every day till you get the desired results.
The above-mentioned home remedies are totally safe and very effective in treating a bruise along with healing the body further. To get the best result, it is better if you apply them as soon as possible. The best part is that most of them are easily available on our kitchen shelves, refrigerators, first aid kit or nearest grocery stores. You may try any one or a combination of home remedies to get rid of a bruise.
But remember, if a bruise occurs without following any recent injury, fall, or blow it indicates a serious condition such as hemophilia, anemia or leukemia. In such cases do consult your doctor immediately.
References : treatcurefast.com | lifestyle9.org