A yeast infection is caused by a group of microscopic fungi or yeast. It tends to attack the vaginal area more, but also affects the nail beds, lower abdomen, and area under the breast. Yeast infections are a major cause of worry for most people, but that’s about to change! Here are a few home remedies for yeast infections.
10 Natural Home Remedies For Yeast Infection Treatment
A bacteria present in yogurt that goes by the name of Lactobacillus acidophilus helps to control the growth of an infection in the body. For treating a vaginal yeast infection, you must resort to plain unsweetened yogurt.
Yogurt can be used in the following ways:
- Apply the plain yogurt on the affected skin area and allow it to sit for about half an hour. If possible, allow it to sit overnight as this helps to relieve itching.
- For vaginal yeast infections, insert a tampon which has been dipped in yogurt into the vagina for two hours. Do this twice a day.
- Incorporate yogurt in your diet plan.
You can also check out : Health Benefits Of Cascara Sagrada
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
White vinegar as well apple cider vinegar are effective home remedies for yeast infections. They contain distinctive components such as acetic acid which help control a yeast infection. It also contributes to getting of fungi causing the infection.
ACV can be used in the following ways:
- Add two tablespoons of it to a cup of warm water and drink it twice a day.
- Prepare a hot bath and add some vinegar to it. Immerse your body in this bath for an hour or so.
- Dilute white or apple cider vinegar with plain water and externally apply it to the affected skin area. Leave this on for about half an hour before rinsing off with water.
You can also check out : How To Increase Sperm Count Naturally?
Cranberries contain properties that are antifungal and antibacterial in nature which can be used to fend off fungi responsible for yeast infections. It can also be used in the treatment of urinary tract or any other kinds of bladder infections.
You can use Cranberries in the following ways:
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice several times a day as this speeds up the healing process. It speeds up the results within a short period.
- You can consume cranberry tablets twice or thrice a day. These are readily available at natural health stores.
You can also check out : How To Get Rid Of Milia?
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an effective home remedy for yeast infections. It has antifungal properties which help to kill the fungi that are responsible for yeast infections.
Use coconut oil in the following ways:
- Apply the oil to the affected areas three times a day
- You can also mix coconut oil and cinnamon oil in equal proportions. Apply this to the affected skin area so as to control the growth of an infection.
- If the infection is oral, then swish the oil in your mouth for about five to ten minutes. You can also add a few drops of cinnamon oil or tea tree oil to it. Do not swallow the oil. Repeat this process three times every day.
You can also check out : How To Get Rid Of Scabies?
Garlic has anti-fungal, antibacterial and antibiotic components which help in the treatment of yeast infection. This makes it a prime contender among the yeast infection home remedies.
Garlic can be used in the following ways:
- Crush a few garlic cloves and make a paste out of it. Apply this paste directly to your affected skin.
- Dilute garlic oil with Vitamin E oil and Coconut oil. Apply this to the affected skin.
- Take a couple of garlic tablets or eat a few fresh garlic cloves every day. Be warned however that fresh garlic causes bad breath, so make sure you have a couple of mints within reach.
You can also check out : Home Remedies Of Anal Skin Tag Removal
6. Boric Acid
Boric acid has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties which make it an effective home remedy for yeast infections. Boric acid is not to be used by women who are pregnant.
This remedy entails the following steps:
- Dilute boric acid with water
- Apply this diluted solution over the affected skin area and leave it on for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this twice a day for about two weeks.
You can also check out : How To Get Of Cellulite Fast?
7. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil has anti-fungal components which help in boosting your immune system. It is a yeast infections home remedy that is a little less explored.
Two ways of using oregano oil are:
- Apply the oil topically onto the affected skin area. Dilute it with olive oil as oregano oil in itself is irritating to the skin.
- You can consume a couple of capsules of oregano oil twice a day.
You can also check out : How To Get Rid Of Toenail Fungus?
8. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil is potent. It has natural anti-fungal properties which help with the treatment of yeast infections. Pregnant women should refrain from this home remedy as some of the components present in tea tree oil are harmful to the unborn child in the womb.
Tea Tree oil can be used in the following ways
- Dilute organic tea tree oil with one teaspoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil. Rub this oil all over the affected skin area till the irritation no longer persists.
- For vaginal yeast infections, place two drops of the oil on a tampon. Insert it into the vagina for two or three hours. Repeat this process twice every day.
You can also check out : How To Get Water Of Ear?
9. Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract helps in the treatment of yeast infections as it has antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. If also helps to restore the good bacteria in your body.
For this remedy, you should:
- Chop some fresh olive leaves and place it into a glass jar with a lid.
- Pour vodka over the leaves till they are completely covered
- Close the jar and store it in a dark place for about four weeks
- Apply the solution onto the affected areas
- Repeat three times a day for best results.
You can also check out : Home Remedies For Sinus Infection
Always opt for loosely fitted clothes as tight clothes tend to irritate your skin further. If you suffer from a vaginal yeast infection then, try wearing cotton underwear till the infection reduces.
Yeast infections often seem impossible to deal with, but not with these simple home remedies. The ingredients to bust a yeast infection can be found in the pantry of your kitchen. They are simple and effective at the same time. Why visit a doctor when you can be on your own?
Refrences: prevention.com | globalhealingcenter.com